SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131725 - 02/06/04 05:12 PM Fran "Dave said"
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Fran,

Dave said you liked recording with software. Please save me from wasting days of trying different setups. It took me 2 days to figure out how to get sound on play back. No kidding.

PG Music sent me a link to a site with a tutorial to set that up. It was clear, accurate, and with the pictures of the screen shots that were going to come up and it worked for me. If anyone would like this tutorial, I’ll send you the link.

I’m experimenting with Cakewalk. I have the Mic plugged straight into the sound card on the computer . I’m playing my sax through it. I’m playing along with a midi file in Cakewalk. It works, but I'm wondering if going thru my Mackie would be better, or should I keep doing it this way. As soon as I understand what to do, then I need to figure out how to add a liittle reverb and mix the volume etc.

If you’d like to email me that would be fine. Any help you or others give will be appreciated.

#131726 - 02/06/04 07:13 PM Re: Fran "Dave said"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boo, I do record @ software, I use Sonic Foundry Acid Pro[now Sony]..I use my Mackie CFX12 mixer, this is a good mixer for recording[better than my Alesis mixer]..Feed everything into your mixer with the output into your sound card[I use the VX Pocket card, the breakout cable includes XRL connections]..You will use the peak levels within the Acid Pro program, adjusting the level from the Mackie...You can record as many tracks as you need..You can add effects @ Sound Forge Studio5[comes with the Acid Pro]..After your mix is the way you like you save as an MP3 and/or burn to a CD..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online